Huntington Park

Huntington Park occupies the block where the mansion of railroad baron Collis Huntington stood until 1906. After the fire, his widow donated the land to the city for a park. It is a formal square with a central fountain, a copy of the Fountain of the Tortoises in Rome.

The park is ringed by Grace Cathedral, the Pacific-Union Club, and the luxury hotels, which makes it the green center of old Nob Hill. There is a playground at the west end. It is a quiet place to sit between the bigger sights.

Part of a self-guided walking tour
Stop 5 of 7 · free route map and audio in the SFGuide app